Neck Pain is one of the most common reasons people see our Chiropractors in Geelong.
So you can be confident that our chiropractors are experienced in helping people with neck pain.
Our Chiropractors have a straight-forward, 3-Step approach
- Diagnose the most likely source of your pain
- Tailor your treatment to decrease your pain and improve your movement and spinal function
- Give you ways to self-manage the problem so it doesn’t keep coming back
If you are struggling with neck pain and live in the Geelong region our chiropractors are here to help. You can call us on 5222 6868, send us an email or make a booking online
What will our chiropractors do to give you relief from you neck pain?
The answer depends on which tissues are creating the pain and what might have caused them to become a problem in the first place. Generally speaking our chiropractors would use the following methods to help you get relief from your pain:
- Soft tissue therapy or massage
- Joint mobilisation and/or manipulation
- Exercises to stretch and strengthen specific muscles groups
- Advice on posture at home, work and play
- Relaxation techniques if stress is a factor
- Recommendations on your current pillow and mattress
- Work with your GP and discuss medications you are currently using (or could be using)
- Refer you for any imaging that is necessary – x-rays, CT scans, MRIs etc
If you are suffering from neck pain the good news is that our chiropractors are well placed to help you with these types of problems.
Want to know more about neck pain?
Neck pain is a problem.
Neck pain is the second most common reason people in Geelong see our chiropractors. It ranks alongside low back pain as the leading cause of disability in Australia. Which means it’s one of the main reasons that holds people back from experiencing ideal health. So if you suffer from neck pain, you’re not alone. And if you are looking for chiropractors who commonly deal with neck problems, Drs. Kyle and Rebecca Keenan and Dr Phoebe Sheppard are a great place to start.
Where is your neck pain coming from?
The main reason our chiropractors want to conduct a thorough examination is so they can determine (as best possible) where your pain is coming from. Neck pain most commonly comes from either the small joints in your neck, the spinal discs, the muscles the support your neck or possibly a combination of these.
The reason why we want to work our which tissues are the source of your pain, is because often, each of these tissues requires a different treatment – a disc problem in your neck requires a different treatment approach to a problem with the small joints, which is different again to a muscular problem.
What can you do if you have neck pain right now?
- Try heat – it usually helps to soothe an aching neck
- Try some gentle neck stretches like these – don’t push too hard with the exercises, they should be done nice and gently
- Modify any bad postures that you think might be aggravating things – sit up straighter, move the computer screen or tablet so that your neck is not flexed downward.
- Breathe – go and find a quiet spot and do some deep breathing or relaxation exercises for a few minutes. This site is a good one if you need help starting https://smilingmind.com.au/
About our Chiropractors
Drs Kyle and Rebecca Keenan, and Dr Phoebe Sheppard are experienced chiropractors with a broad range of skills and techniques that can assist you to recover from injury and improve your health. They have all have been chiropractors in Geelong for many years and all have additional qualifications to their chiropractic degrees making them uniquely positioned to provide holistic, evidence based chiropractic care. Find out more about them here.