We get lots of questions in our Geelong podiatry clinic at Latrobe Health Centre on how best to ice a foot injury.
A lot of people know that they need to ice but often aren’t quite sure on how!
We have put a couple of handy hints below to try and help!
- For the best results, use one of the many ice packs available
- Frozen packs of vegetables are okay if you have nothing else handy – they warm up quickly
- Use a damp cloth over the ice/ice pack to prevent burning your skin
- For best effect apply the ice for 10-15 mins
- ‘How often’ and ‘when to ice’ will vary depending on your specific injury and management
- Icing can be great to help settle the local angriness and reduce pain
For more info click HERE!